Working to help low-income New Yorkers address energy issues
LIFE, the Low-Income Forum on Energy, is a unique statewide dialogue that brings together organizations and individuals committed to addressing the challenges and opportunities facing low-income New Yorkers as they seek safe, affordable and reliable energy. The LIFE dialogue encourages an interactive exchange of information and collaboration among the programs and resources that assist low-income energy consumers. The initiative is supported by the New York State Public Service Commission and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
Anyone wishing to receive updates on the Low-Income Forum on Energy (LIFE) can join the LIFE email list or contact LIFE@nyserda.ny.gov with inquiries.
To guide LIFE activities and ensure that that the LIFE program meets its goals, the following mission statement has been developed by the LIFE Steering Committee:
- To maintain a forum which attracts a diverse range of parties whose efforts will have an impact on the ability of low-income customers to meet their energy needs.
- To seek, identify, and address the full range of low-income energy issues.
- To broaden participation and encourage involvement of all stakeholders in the energy forum.
- To encourage linkages through the forum to strengthen the understanding of and support for the energy needs of low-income New Yorkers.
- To encourage an interactive exchange of information and collaboration among the programs and resources that helps the State’s low-income households.
- To provide a venue for policy makers to hear of emerging issues from those at the front end of program delivery, identification of best practices, and networking opportunities for those in the low-income energy field.