Workforce Development and Training
Opportunities for people who are powering New York's clean energy future.
Workforce development and training are essential components of building a resilient and equitable clean energy economy that is inclusive of all New Yorkers. Simply put, New York State cannot reach its clean energy goals without the trained professionals to translate these goals into action.
To meet the requirements of a clean energy economy as outlined in the Clean Energy Fund (CEF) and the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act), NYSERDA has dedicated more than $170 million in funding to support clean energy workforce development and training. The Climate Act mandates that no less than 35% with a goal of at least 40% of our climate action benefits will go toward New York’s disadvantaged communities.
Our funding and resources support activities as diverse as:
- Training for building and operations staff to properly operate and maintain building systems
- On-the-job training for new clean energy staff
- Internships for students seeking hands-on experience at a clean energy company
- Curriculum development to meet the demands of clean energy employers
- Creation of a sustainable talent pipeline that can reduce the costs and risks of hiring new employees
- Career pathways training for high-efficiency HVAC and heat pumps
NYSERDA is helping individuals and organizations build their clean energy futures. To get started, choose from the following options, check out our directory of resources, or contact us.
Funding and resources for clean energy organizations looking to grow and/or train their teams.
For Job Seekers & Students
Career opportunities, internships, and resources for those interested in careers in the clean energy sector.
For Training Providers & Community Partners
Funding and resources to support the wide range of organizations that provide clean energy coursework, professional development, and job preparedness services.
For Building Owners & Property Managers
Funding to train building operations and maintenance staff in clean energy technologies and systems.
- Connect with Partners: NYSERDA’s Partner Connector facilitates connections among training providers, employers, community partners, and other organizations that are interested in forming partnerships and collaborating within our workforce development and training programs
- Workforce Program Fact Sheet [PDF]: Download a PDF with an overview of all available funding opportunities through NYSERDA’s Workforce Development initiative