NYSERDA is governed by a board consisting of 13 members, including the Commissioner of the Department of Transportation, the Commissioner of the Department of Environmental Conservation, the Chair of the Public Service Commission, and the President and CEO of the Power Authority of the State of New York, who serve ex officio. The remaining nine members are appointed by the Governor of the State of New York with the advice and consent of the Senate and include, as required by statute, an engineer or research scientist, an economist, an environmentalist, a consumer advocate, an officer of a gas utility, an officer of an electric utility, and three at-large members.
NYSERDA's program principles reinforce its commitment to open and deliberative processes. For example:
- NYSERDA uses an open, stakeholder-driven planning process to develop and implement its programs.
- NYSERDA issues competitive solicitations to attract the best ideas and talent.
- NYSERDA relies on peer reviews and performance measures in its selection of projects. Technical evaluation panels, made up of experts outside of NYSERDA and experts within NYSERDA, review proposed projects. The program determines if the composition of these panels requires either equal or greater representation by outside experts.
- NYSERDA uses a comprehensive evaluation process in its decision making process. Program results are analyzed for effectiveness by staff not involved in program administration and also by outside evaluation contractors. In addition, when required by regulatory orders, certain programs are subject to evaluations that test the cost effectiveness of the programs by independent evaluation contractors.
This emphasis on collaboration, expertise, thorough and iterative internal review processes, and internal and external evaluation help NYSERDA to achieve its objectives and to maintain a well-respected reputation in the field of energy research, development and demonstration, and energy efficiency deployment.
The following links to documents demonstrate NYSERDA's commitment to good governance and accountability in pursuing its operations.
- Audit and Finance Committee Charter [PDF]
- Board Duties and Responsibilities [PDF]
- Board Members List
- By-Laws [PDF]
- Committee Members [PDF]
- Governance Committee Charter [PDF]
- Program Planning Committee Charter [PDF]
- Waste and Facilities Management Committee Charter [PDF]
- 2022 Schedule of Meetings [PDF]
- Meeting Agendas / Minutes, and Meeting Webcast Archives
- Notice of Meetings and Webcasts
- Conflict of Interest Policy for NYSERDA Board Members [PDF]
- Conflict of Interest Policy for NYSERDA Employees [PDF]
- Code of Conduct for NYSERDA Contractors [PDF]
- Guidelines for Property Disposal [PDF]
- Internal Control Manual [PDF]
- Whistleblower Policy [PDF]
- Investment Guidelines [PDF]
- Contracting Guidelines [PDF]
View NYSERDA financial and statutory reports.