Become a NYSERDA Qualified Contractor
NYSERDA is working to rapidly transition to a clean energy economy and decarbonize New York State’s buildings, transportation system, and power generation. To advance these ambitious goals, NYSERDA works with a variety of partners, including contractors, to offer solutions that can help reduce energy usage and costs and raise awareness of clean energy products and services.
NYSERDA qualified contractors encompass a range of professions offering clean energy and energy efficiency solutions, equipment, and technical expertise, including:
- Energy auditors
- Appliance vendors
- Service providers
Why Become a Qualified Contractor?
By becoming a NYSERDA qualified contractor, you’ll join a select network of professionals and firms offering in-demand energy efficiency services and clean energy equipment. As a qualified contractor, you can grow your customer base and access financial incentives through NYSERDA to increase your competitiveness.
Depending on the program, contractors could receive:
- Project and customer leads
- Ability to offer rebates and incentives to customers
- Access to customized sales and/or installation trainings
- Marketing materials
- Rewards and recognition
- Ability to participate in the low-interest Green Jobs Green New York Financing program
- Invitations to round-table discussions to help develop policies, shape future program development, and provide insights and feedback
- Access to cost-sharing through the Cooperative Advertising and Training for Clean Energy Partners program
NYSERDA is seeking qualified contractors offering the clean energy equipment and services required to transform New York for a greener future.
Explore Partner Opportunities
Clean Heating and Cooling
Become a NYS Clean Heat contractor to offer your customers rebates and low-interest financing on air source and ground source heat pumps, and heat pump water heaters.
Read more about Clean Heating and Cooling
Commercial Energy Planning and Studies
Provide customized technical assistance, such as site-specific energy studies to inform clean energy management and investment decisions, for commercial, industrial, and multifamily facilities.
Read more about Commercial Energy Planning and Studies
Become an Energy Storage participating contractor to offer incentives for retail storage projects and contract directly with commercial customers.
Read more about Energy Storage
Multifamily Building Solutions Network
Access a growing client base of multifamily building customers participating in an increasing list of programs administered by NYSERDA, utilities, and affordable housing agencies.
Read more about Multifamily Building Solutions Network
Residential Appliance Vendor
Gain access to residential customers participating in EmPower+ New York to deliver and install energy-efficient refrigerators and freezers as a participating contractor.
Read more about Residential Appliance Vendor
Residential Energy Efficiency
Tap into a residential customer base taking part in NYSERDA programs and receive compensation from NYSERDA for providing no-cost energy assessments as a participating contractor.
Read more about Residential Energy Efficiency
Offer competitive customer financing through the Green Jobs – Green New York Residential Financing Program to help finance energy assessments, energy efficiency improvements, and renewable energy installations.
Read more about Residential Financing
Solar Electric (PV)
Gain access to the NY-Sun incentive program to offer benefits to residential or commercial customers.
Read more about Solar Electric (PV)
- Workforce Development and Training: Explore on-the-job training, internship funding, and other opportunities for business looking to grow and/or train their teams for success in New York’s growing clean energy economy.
- Doing Business with NYSERDA: Review basic guidelines, policies, and opportunities for working with NYSERDA.
- Code of Conduct for NYSERDA Contractors [PDF]: See what is expected of contractors to ensure a business relationship with NYSERDA that is consistent with ethical business practices.
Sign Up For News
Stay up to date on energy-saving programs and incentives, funding opportunities, and more.Stay Connected