Funding for Contractors & Installers
Contractors and installers are training new employees and growing their businesses
Discover how you can grow and adapt your business by providing in-demand clean energy services and equipment for residential and commercial customers. NYSERDA offers a variety of funding opportunities to help contractors and installers hire new employees, train current employees, and diversify their business models to include clean energy technologies and services.
How You’ll Benefit
- Create new value for your customers with energy-saving technologies
- Tap into new revenue streams and grow your sales
- Bill at higher rates when you invest in your employees
- Solidify your planning for retention and succession
- Futureproof your business to succeed in the growing clean energy economy
Offers for New York Contractors & Installers
1. Funding to Hire and Train New Employees
Receive new hire and clean energy training funding to increase your organizational capacity, reduce the financial risk of bringing in new talent, and broaden the candidate pool to include individuals with valuable transferable skills but less direct experience. Programs are available to fund new hire salaries, provide training support during onboarding, pay wages for clean energy internships, and support paid fellowships for individuals from historically underserved communities. These programs can bring fresh thinking and new innovations to your team and grow your business.
Watch Clean Heat contractor, Terry Moag, describe how NYSERDA’s On-the-Job Training program has helped grow their heat pump business.
2. Funding to Train Current Employees
Receive funding to develop or offer technical training and education opportunities to ensure your staff have the skills, experience, and qualifications needed for New York’s growing clean energy economy. Investing in your staff can inspire new innovations and revenue streams, improve staff morale and retention rates, and unlock previously unattainable levels of quality and productivity. Training your employees today can help adapt and futureproof your business.
3. Support to Diversify Your Business Model
NYSERDA helps contractors grow their businesses through cost-share incentives to fund advertising campaigns, special promotions, and events related to heat pumps and energy efficiency upgrades. HVAC and weatherization contractors can futureproof and diversify their business model by including heat pump installations and energy efficiency projects in their service offerings.
You Might Also Be Interested In
NYSERDA offers additional programs and resources to help your business grow:
- Clean Heat Connect : Receive support to grow your heat pump installation business. Clean Heat Connect supports contractors participating in the NYS Clean Heat incentive program with peer-to-peer installation and sales trainings, access to heat pump manufacturer and distributor hosted trainings, and numerous resources from NYSERDA, NEEP, and other trusted partners.
- Green Jobs-Green New York Residential Financing: Offer your customers low-interest financing when you become a NYSERDA qualified contractor. Eligible technologies and services include energy assessments, air sealing and insulation, heat pumps, solar panels, and more.
- Partner Connector: Join an online platform that facilitates connections among training providers, employers, and community organizations. The Partner Connector helps contractors and installers form partnerships with other interested parties seeking to collaborate on NYSERDA’s workforce development and training funding opportunities.
For a full list of offers for businesses, visit our energy programs and incentives page.
Sign Up For News
Stay up to date on clean energy career programs, training opportunities, and more.Stay Connected