Electric Vehicles & Charging Stations
Drivers across New York State are skipping the gas pump and switching to electric vehicles.
There has never been a better time to buy an electric vehicle (EV) in New York State. Discover how rebates, tax incentives, and conveniently located charging stations can help you get from point-A to point-B by driving an EV.
How You Benefit
- Lower the price tag of an electric vehicle by combining rebates and tax incentives
- Charge your vehicle from the comfort of your own home
- Find convenient public charging stations at offices, rest stops, restaurants, and stores across the Northeast
- Save money by skipping the gas pump, simplifying your maintenance needs, and leveraging insurance discounts
- Reduce your carbon footprint by removing fossil fuels from your daily commute
EVs & Charging Stations for New Yorkers
1. Buying Electric Vehicles
Driving an EV means fewer maintenance costs than gas-powered vehicles and benefits from insurance discounts while significantly reducing your carbon footprint. Switching to an EV has never been more affordable: New Yorkers can save up to $9,500 on an EV purchase or lease through New York’s Drive Clean rebate and the Federal IRA tax credit.Learn more about electric vehicles
2. Charging Your EV at Home
Most EV drivers primarily charge at home for convenience and reduced cost. To charge at home, EV owners can simply plug their cars into a standard 120-volt outlet or install a faster Level 2 (240-volt) charging station.
Learn more about charging your EV at home
3. Charging Your EV On the Road
With improved battery technology and widely available charging stations across the Northeast, your EV can take you anywhere you need to go. Federal and State programs are rapidly expanding New York’s network of public charging stations, with an emphasis on fast chargers that can recharge your vehicle in as little as 20 minutes. Charge your EV while you eat at your favorite restaurant, while you work from your office, or while you shop for groceries — then get back on the road and drive clean.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Consider maximizing the benefits of your electric vehicle with additional clean energy systems at home, including:
- Clean Heating and Cooling: Reduce your carbon footprint further by switching your home to a clean heating and cooling system, such as a cold-climate air source heat pump, ground source (geothermal) heat pump, or heat pump water heater.
- Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) Benefits: Combine IRA tax credits with State incentives and financing to upgrade your home with clean energy equipment and products, including electric vehicles.
- Solar: Power your home (and your electric vehicle) with clean energy by installing solar panels or subscribing to a community solar project. Essentially generate your own fuel.
Explore our full list of residential programs to find other energy-saving opportunities at home.
Sign Up For News
Stay up to date on energy-saving programs and incentives, industry best practices, and more.Stay Connected