Clean Energy Siting Resources
NYSERDA offers several resources to empower local governments with knowledge, training, and best practices to manage responsible clean energy development in their communities. These resources include step-by-step instructions and tools to guide the implementation of clean energy, including permitting processes, property taxes, siting, zoning, and more. Through NYSERDA’s Build-Ready Program, local governments can partner with NYSERDA to turn underutilized land into a renewable energy project.
- Comprehensive Plan Guide: Step-by-step instructions for local governments looking to incorporate clean energy goals and objectives into their communities' comprehensive plans.
- Energy Storage Guidebook: Information, tools, and step-by-step instructions to support local governments managing battery energy storage system development in their communities.
- Energy Storage Trainings: Prerecorded webinars and upcoming sessions related to responsible energy storage system development for local government officials, including municipal board members, first responders, and code enforcement officers.
- EV Charging Station Permitting Resources: Materials to help municipalities, developers, planners, and planning board members learn the basics of charging stations and to navigate the process for permitting and promoting EV charging station installations.
- Siting for Large-Scale Renewables: Information on State-level review processes for renewable generating facilities totaling 25 megawatts (MW) or greater.
- Solar Guidebook: Information, tools, and step-by-step instructions for local governments managing solar energy development in their communities.
- Technical Assistance and Workshops: List of free technical assistance on clean energy zoning and permitting available to local governments, including workshops for Continuing Education Credits.
- Transitioning Underused Spaces: Information for municipalities and private landowners on repurposing underutilized land such as brownfields, landfills, former industrial sites, and farms for renewable energy development.
- Wind Energy Guidebook: Information to support local governments managing wind energy development and project siting in their communities.
If you have a question on clean energy siting in your community, or need help with one of our resources, email [email protected].
Stay up-to-date with the latest about Clean Energy Siting by joining our email list for local government officials.