Offers for Landlords or Co-ops
Enjoy a safer, healthier, energy-efficient home
For New Yorkers living in apartments, condos, or housing co-ops, making energy efficient upgrades to your home may involve collaboration with landlords, associations, or co-op boards.
Discover information about available programs that can help you make your apartment or condo more energy efficient. These programs can also help landlords, associations, and housing co-ops save money on operating expenses, stay compliant with building energy codes, and improve the safety of their residents.
How You Benefit
- Lower your utility bills by using less energy each month.
- Feel more comfortable in your home with fewer drafts and better heating and cooling.
- Enjoy a better living environment with improved site aesthetics, improved indoor air quality, and higher quality lighting.
- Experience peace of mind with products, appliances, and equipment that are safer and have fewer maintenance issues.
- Live a more sustainable lifestyle with low-carbon technologies.
When to Consider
Our incentive programs and financing options may be good for your apartment or condo if you are:
- Experiencing high bills on services like electricity, heating, or water.
- Dealing with uncomfortable drafts in your apartment or condo.
- Living in an older building that may have outdated insulation and equipment.
- Using window air conditioning units to stay cool in the summer.
Learn About Residential Programs
As a renter or condo owner, you can implement energy-saving tips or explore NYSERDA programs to improve your home’s energy use. Please note, program opportunities may vary based on location, the number of units in your building, resident income levels, and other qualifying factors. Talk to your landlord, association, or co-op board about the best options for your home.
Low-Carbon Pathways for Multifamily Buildings
Offers four incentive packages for energy upgrades that bring deep energy savings to major building systems: building envelopes (e.g., insulation), ventilation systems, heating and cooling, and hot water systems.
Read more about Low-Carbon Pathways for Multifamily Buildings
Explore the benefits and financial incentives of converting to cold-climate heat pumps for home heating and cooling.
Read more about Heat Pumps
Funds carbon neutral retrofit and electrification “pilot projects” in affordable multifamily buildings that improve comfort and energy performance.
Read more about RetrofitNY
Home Energy Efficiency Upgrades
Explore a range of programs that start with a free home energy assessment, your landlord can get a top-to-bottom look at where energy is being wasted and a list of recommended improvements that will help save energy.
Read more about Home Energy Efficiency Upgrades
Multifamily Building Programs
Explore multiple paths to make energy-efficient upgrades and manage energy usage at multifamily properties. NYSERDA offers a variety of programs to help identify, plan, fund, and implement energy efficiency measures in multifamily buildings.
Read more about Multifamily Building Programs
Sign Up For News
Stay up to date on energy-saving programs and incentives, best practices, and more.