Training centers across the state received funding from NYSERDA and offer classes on various renewable energy technologies such as solar electricity or photovoltaics, solar heating, small and large wind, geothermal, anaerobic digestion etc. Upcoming funding opportunities will help expand the portfolio of renewable energy training.
- Receive classroom and hands-on training on how to use renewable energy technologies to generate power
- Learn skills necessary to install, maintain, and operate renewable energy systems
- Courses available for contractors, remodelers, and college and high school students
Courses are available in:
- Photovoltaics (solar electricity)
- Solar thermal (solar water and space heating)
- Small wind (located at a customer’s home or business) large wind (large turbines that generate electricity on a utility scale)
- Anaerobic digestion (harnessing methane from manure digestion to generate electricity)
- Geothermal (through a heat pump, extracting heat from the ground to a building or removing heat from a building and depositing in the ground through a series of pipes)
- Fuel cells (a device that converts chemical energy of a fuel, usually hydrogen, directly into electrical energy)
Please consult our training map for training locations, types of training, and links to training institutions for their course schedules.
For more information about training contact us at: email@example.com or 518.862.1090 x3392