For Job Seekers and Students
Start your career in the growing clean energy field.
NYSERDA’s paid internship and fellowship programs can help jumpstart your future in the clean energy field. Clean energy positions are in high demand and the market will only continue to expand as New York transitions away from fossil fuels. Careers in clean energy also typically offer above average salaries, healthcare, and other great benefits. Whether your strengths are in community organizing, construction, engineering, marketing, or sales, NYSERDA can help you get your foot in the door at one of New York’s many clean energy businesses. What better way to use your talents to reduce carbon emissions and build the equitable, resilient clean energy economy of the future!
NYSERDA is helping job seekers and students access careers in the clean energy economy with the following programs and resources:
- New York State Clean Energy Internships: Helps prepare the next generation of clean energy professionals by funding paid internships for students and recent graduates at New York State’s clean energy businesses. Prospective interns are encouraged to learn more about participating businesses and apply today.
- Climate Justice Fellowships: Year-long, full-time fellowships for individuals from historically underserved communities. NYSERDA provides funding for salaries and professional development so that fellows have the opportunity to work within businesses and organizations that advance climate justice and clean energy priorities for disadvantaged communities. Please note: host employers must apply to the program with a specific fellow candidate in mind.
- Clean Energy Career Maps: Identify various paths for growth and career advancement in the field of clean energy. Explore these free tools to help map out your own clean energy career journey.
- Directory of Free Online Clean Energy Training: Explore free online clean energy training opportunities to expand your knowledge on a variety of clean energy categories.
- Participating Clean Energy Employers: Explore the businesses and organizations that are participating as employers in NYSERDA’s Workforce Development and Training programs to find an opportunity that aligns with your career goals.
Did you know? NYSERDA’s On-the-Job Training for Energy Efficiency & Clean Technology program reimburses businesses for up to 75% of a new hire’s wages for their first 16-24 weeks of employment and provides assistance with training plans. Let your prospective employer know that these resources are available to them to help with your hiring and onboarding process.
Check out more information such as Clean Energy Career Maps and more on the Resources page.
Clean Energy Trainings
The organizations below offer a range of clean energy trainings, some for individuals looking to join the clean energy field and others for existing professionals to learn new skills. Some but not all the trainings listed on the partner websites are associated with NYSERDA-funded projects.