Intern: Large Scale Renewables, Offshore Wind - Albany or New York City Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin immediately and continue through the fall semester. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class as tasks permit.
- Assist project managers with organization and review of materials to support federal and state offshore wind activities
- Track regional offshore wind activities, meetings, and opportunities for engagement with NYSERDA
- Conduct industry research and data collection to inform internal databases that support State offshore wind policy
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Master’s student, pursuing a degree in environmental management, public administration and policy, renewable energy, systems management, or a related field
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.Apply Now