Internship: Human Resources - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
The Human Resources Team makes the company work. We are involved in every aspect of the employee’s work lifecycle - from application to interview to onboarding to transitioning – and everything in between. The intern will gain vast exposure to the inner working of a successful HR Team and how we serve our internal and external customers.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time students. This internship will begin June 1, 2022 and continue through the summer and academic year. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
- Intern Program
- Participate in candidate application review, interviews and candidate debrief
- Schedule interviews, orientations and meet and greets
- Host large groups at check-ins and meet and greets
- Onboarding and new hire assimilation
- Assist with paperwork preparation and documentation
- Conduct new hire orientations
- Employee engagement
- Procedure documentation
- Data presentation
- Employee newsletter preparation
- Full-time recruitment outreach
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or master’s student
- Demonstrated interest in human resources
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
- Strong work ethic
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.Apply Now