The Comprehensive Option provides support to help you upgrade your entire building's energy performance. A Multifamily Building Solutions Provider will work with you to evaluate your building’s systems holistically, creating a customized plan aimed at giving you a minimum of 25% energy savings along with reduced energy bills. As a result, you’ll experience higher operational efficiency, greater property value, lower energy bills, and more satisfied tenants.
Incentives and Financing Opportunities
|Projected Energy Savings Target
|25% ‐ 30%
|31% ‐ 35%
*Base incentive is typically paid out at 100% construction completion. Projects that use a construction manager to oversee the project, however, may qualify for a payment of one-half of the base incentive at 50% completion.
Learn more about your financing options through NYSERDA and private commercial lenders.
How It Works
- Work with a Multifamily Building Solutions Provider (Provider) who will submit an application to the Program on your behalf
- Your Provider conducts a building assessment, calculates projected energy savings, and works with you to develop a set of final, recommended building improvements
- Your Provider submits your building improvements for approval by NYSERDA
- If you hire a construction manager to oversee the project, your project will be eligible to receive one-half of the base incentive when 50 percent of the work is complete
- If you don’t hire a construction manager, you will receive your base incentive payment when work is complete
- You will receive your performance payment after you reach the projected energy savings target one-year following installation of your building improvements
Who Can Apply
How to Apply
For additional information on the Multifamily Comprehensive Option email us at MultifamilyPrograms@nyserda.ny.gov or call 1-866-NYSERDA.
The following documents provide full details about the program and how to apply: