Home Energy Savings Program
NYSERDA and National Grid are making it easier than ever to improve your home comfort and lower your monthly energy costs through the Home Energy Savings Program.
Home Energy Savings offers one-stop shopping for your home’s energy needs and flexible payment options that could mean little-to-no additional monthly costs for your home improvement project. At no cost to you, a qualified service provider will assess your home to uncover how efficiency upgrades like insulation, new LED lighting, heating and cooling system upgrades, and more could help reduce your energy costs.
Benefits to Residents
- Take Control. Get clear advice on how much energy your home is using and the most effective ways to lower your heating and electricity costs.
- Capture Savings. Lower your energy costs and maintenance-related expenses with home upgrades.
- Improve Comfort. Making energy efficiency upgrades to your home can improve indoor air quality, reduce heat loss, and more.
- Ease of Use. Participation in this program is simple—sit back while a qualified provider uncovers ways to help you save money and make your home more comfortable.
The Home Energy Savings Program is open to National Grid customers residing in Onondaga, Oswego, and Oneida counties who live in a single-family home or townhome, or a 2-4 unit multifamily property.
How Home Energy Savings Works
- Contact an Energy Professional from ICF. Learn more about the program and find out if it’s the right fit for you by talking to trained Energy Professionals from ICF who will review your home’s energy use and guide you through the process from start to finish.
- Discuss Your Needs. ICF will find out what your needs are and connect you to a contractor who can deliver the services that are right for your home. Or if you don’t need a contractor, they’ll point you to other resources available to help meet your home comfort and energy savings needs.
- Receive Savings Recommendations. Based on their review of your energy data, and potentially an in-person visit, your contractor will offer recommendations to help you save—from simple upgrades like lighting to bigger opportunities like replacing heating equipment.
- Make Energy Upgrades. Recommended upgrades are made to your home, potentially with little to no out-of-pocket costs. Upgrades lead to savings, which may be enough to offset the monthly cost if you finance the project, meaning minimal financial impact.
- Ongoing Monitoring. ICF will continue monitoring your home’s energy use to ensure the project leads to energy performance expectations and you’re benefitting from the savings.
Ready to Start Saving?
Your more energy efficient home awaits. To get started, you can reach out directly to ICF, email HomeEnergySavings@icf.com or call 716-466-9345. Or, click Get Started below to fill out a form and an Energy Professional from ICF will contact you.