Events Management - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time college students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin in the Spring 2023 semester and continue through the Summer and academic year.
Interns must be located in New York State while working. It is expected that interns will follow our telework policy, with a combination of in-office and remote work. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending classes.
- Support Events Management team with planning and execution for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events, including but not limited to, venue selection, budget development, contract negotiation & execution, and virtual event platform
- Learn and provide support for Cvent event management platform
- Perform updates to Events Management templates
- Learn and provide support for web-based Confluence collaboration software
- Identify areas for process improvements and increased efficiencies
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time college student pursuing an associate, bachelor, or master’s degree, preferably in Events Management or Hospitality Management
- Proficient computer skills with the Microsoft suite of programs
- Skilled in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and able to work independently with attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Dependability with a strong work ethic
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.