Web Accessibility Specialist/Content Editor (#767) - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) , New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035, 10 gigawatts of solar by 2030, and 6 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. With the recent approval of the Climate Action Council’s final Scoping Plan, we have a strong framework to achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions economy-wide.
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy
NYSERDA seeks a Web Accessibility Specialist, who has 5+ years’ experience in identifying and resolving web accessibility issues, as well as 5+ years’ experience in web design and web content editing. Web Accessibility Specialist performs accessibility scans on both NYSERDA web content and externally contracted website content, details scan results for resolutions, and keeps records of scans for audit purposes.
Web Accessibility Specialist also performs website updates in Sitecore CMS. Web Accessibility Specialist meets with stakeholders throughout NYSERDA regarding their website content, and assist in correcting errors, re-formatting content, re-organizing content, and problem solving with a focus on web design best practices, including responsive and accessible design.
The NYSERDA Web Solutions team works closely with NYSERDA Marketing and Communications to further NYSERDA’s goals via NYSERDA web properties. A professional attitude, attention to detail, and ability to manage a high volume of simultaneous tasks is required.
- Perform accessibility scans on NYSERDA web sites, as well as externally contracted websites, providing reports and tracking progress
- Provide advice on automated and manual processes to improve accessibility of web content
- Perform and manage high volume of content updates for NYSERDA websites within Sitecore CMS
- Advise NYSERDA staff on best practices for content hierarchy/organization, search engine optimization, accessibility issues
- Meet with NYSERDA staff as needed regarding website updates
- Understand and adhere to NYSERDA’s policies and procedures
- Available 8:30 am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience identifying and resolving web content accessibility issues
- Report and archive accessibly scan progress
- Expertise in identifying and resolving accessibility issues according to WCAG 2.0/2.1 guidelines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hand-coding semantic HTML
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with a Content Management System, Sitecore CMS preferred
- Optimizing web pages for search engines
- Excellent grammar and verbal skills; ability to offer suggestions for simplifying/presenting complex topics
- Ability to create, edit, and slice graphics using Adobe Photoshop
- Ability in editing HTML using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint
- Organized, professional, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy in all duties
- 4-year degree in a related field such as Web Design, Web Development, Marketing, Computer Programming, Information Technology, Graphic Design
- NYSERDA experience highly valued
- 3+ years’ experience with Sitecore CMS
- 4-year degree in a related field such as Web Design, Web Development, Marketing, Computer Programming, Information Technology, Graphic Design, or Accessibility, plus 3+ years’ experience building web sites
The salary range is $61,423 - $88,553. Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.