Contract Manager - Albany Office
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking a creative, self-motivated and knowledgeable individual with strong problems solving skills and growth potential as a Contract Manager. This individual will play a critical role in the ongoing transformation and improvement of NYSERDA's contracting process and to make NYSERDA more responsive and easier to use for customers, partners and colleagues. The Contract Manger will support the full range of contracting and procurement activities in NSYERDA's high volume government contracting environment.
The Contract Manager will position colleagues to perform their work more seamlessly, timely and effectively while appropriately minimizing the risk NYSERDA undertakes in its contracting.
- Drive and foster a customer-service orientation to contracting - positioning staff throughout NYSERDA for timely and effective contracting of the programs, goods and services that are critical to executing the Authority's strategy
- Deploy improvements to contracting process that enable the Authority to contract for new programs, manage risk, simplify customer and partner interfaces, reduce cycle times, better support internal workflow, enable programmatic flexibility, support robust reporting, better manage knowledge, and reduce cost
- Manage the full range of contracting and procurement activities including solicitation development, contract negotiation, administration, modification, and closeout
- Evaluate contract requirements, special provisions and other terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and organizational policies and procedures
- Collaborate with colleagues in programs to identify possible contracting processes improvements, problem-solve and overcome constraints
- Effectively manage risk, perform risk analysis for all contractual documents and recommend mitigating options
- Partner with, train and support colleagues throughout the Authority to enable their success in adhering to contracting regulations and managing the Authority's risk
- Seek opportunities to foster transparency in the Authority's contracting processes - ensuring a shared sense of accountability for success in the Authority's contracting
- Provide advice and assistance relating to contract policy and practice in team meetings, scoring committees and debriefs
- Perform other responsibilities as required
- A bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of progressively responsible experience in contracting, procurement or related disciplines
- 13 years of progressively responsible experience in contracting procurement or related disciplines may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, an entrepreneurial edge, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an instinct for surfacing value and pragmatic solutions
- Extraordinary diligence and thoroughness
- Strong networking skills and ability to form strong working relationships
- A penchant for mastering and understanding details for the purpose of simplifying the landscape for others
- A strong consensus-builder with an ability to build productive relationships across a diverse organization
- Skilled in managing multiple, diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments and operating with speed, accuracy and strong judgment
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to continuous learning
- High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and solve strategic problems while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of opportunities and/or constraints
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely and unambiguously in speech and writing
- A good technical comprehension of contract language and ability to draft contractual instruments such as Solicitations, Agreements and Statements of Work after collaborating with our internal stakeholders to ensure we meet program objectives, reduce risk to NYSERDA and allow operational freedoms where necessary
- Ability to manage and be responsible for specific contract assignments and develop solutions to business needs
- Strong MS Office computer skills including database experience
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.