The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
Geographic Information System (GIS) Support
- Geocode Customer and Vendor Addresses.
- Create map images for public-facing reports and presentations.
- Participate in Working Group meetings (Super users of GIS) and assist in any follow-up items.
- Data stewards for report reviews.
- Data owners when signing-off on reports, data, charts, and more.
- End-users in completing a task in applications such as PeopleSoft financial and contracting modules.
- End-users in navigating through SharePoint list and completing tasks and / or providing approvals / sign-offs.
- Refine rules and guidelines for data architecture, data warehousing, data integration and data confidentiality.
- Assist with the improvement and integration of automation and tools.
- Create templates and manuals in support of tools and systems deployed.
- Take notes in meetings and distributing the meeting minutes.
- Assist with data compiling, analyses and the creation of datasets.
- Assist with other project administration and analytical work identified.
- Assist with the process steps of publishing datasets in Open NY by working with the Operational Transformation & Lean and program team.
- Assist the program team in identifying the data quality issues with the dataset.
- Attend meetings and taking notes and share meeting minutes.
- Organize all the required documentation such as Meta data, data dictionary, overview documentation and datasets in the SharePoint pages.
Miscellaneous Items & Tasks
- Various administrative and analytical tasks.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student, pursuing a degree in GIS, mathematics, science, social science, or engineering.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Experience with GIS software, ideally ESRI’s ArcMap.
- Organized, highly detailed oriented.
- Comfortable working with numbers.
- Analytical/ critical thinking skills.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Familiar with and desire to learn more about energy and the environment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Internship, Operational Transformation & Lean, GIS in the subject line.