The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
- Budget, data, and policy analysis
- Market research, including voice of customer investigations
- Monitoring regulatory proceedings relative to the LMI energy market segment; and coordination between NYSERDA teams and initiatives
- Contribute to the administration of one or more of the following initiatives: the Low-Income Forum on Energy, REVitalize, and Healthy Homes feasibility work
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student, pursuing a degree in public affairs/policy, business, political science, environmental science, or a related field.
- General knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software applications, with specific experience using Excel
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Proficient in data analysis.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Internship, Low to Moderate Income in the subject line.