NYSERDA seeks an independent, creative individual to act as program lead in the establishment of a portfolio of research partnerships and product development activities in the advanced transportation area. A particular focus will be on applied research and development of innovative approaches to improving the performance of New York State’s electric vehicle market, public transportation system, transportation demand management activities, smart transportation infrastructure, and diesel emission reduction programs. This position is responsible for approximately a $15 million portfolio of projects that will involve 20-40 research projects and will require 10–15% travel.
Program Activities Include
- Technology advancement culminating in successful product commercialization
- Demonstration and qualification of newly emerged products
- Development of strategies and business models that improve the energy, environmental and operational performance of the transportation system
- Market development activities that support the adoption of new energy-saving technologies.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with public sector transportation organizations and Authorities, supporting their efforts to improve energy and sustainable performance through innovation
- Assess and capitalize on opportunities for new research partnerships among New York industry and academic institutions in the transportation and clean energy business sector in New York State
- Lead market development efforts to remove market and regulatory barriers to adoption of new technologies through stakeholder engagement, best practices and policy development
- Provide value added to each and every project managed from a technical, business or regulatory perspective
- Implement procedures to effectively manage projects to insure maximum likelihood of success and prudent use of NYSERDA financial resources
- Develop and implement efforts to provide business assistance to New York State businesses involved in NYSERDA transportation programs
- Represent NYSERDA in collaborative programs with private and public organizations and institutions
- Develop and implement strategies to regularly measure and communicate program results and use that information to continually improve program design
- Develop and negotiate the programmatic structure, technical aspects and budgets of NYSERDA funded projects
- Perform other responsibilities as needed
- Experience managing a portfolio of research projects that include product development and commercialization elements
- Experience developing solutions for the transportation sector
- Excellent communication skills including written reports and presentation experience
- Must be able to work effectively with a range of groups including businesses, universities, state and federal agencies, the financial/investment community, utilities, national laboratories, and public interest groups
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Physical or Chemical Sciences; Planning; Economics; or other relevant field
- An advanced technical, business, policy, or planning degree is preferred
Candidates will be considered for Assistant Project Manager through Senior Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include the Position’s Title & Job Code 417 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.