The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a creative, self-motivated and knowledgeable individual to help NYSERDA accomplish its objectives by utilizing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Authority’s risk management, internal control and governance processes.
- Conduct internal audits and contract audits on your own or assist others as a member of a professional internal audit team in auditing areas identified in the annual audit plan or assigned as a special project
- Use a wide variety of evaluation procedures such as making inquiries, observing activities, and reviewing and testing financial transactions and operational records to analyze and interpret information
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and make recommendations for improvements and resolve issues
- Evaluate and follow up on previous recommendations to identify and report on the effectiveness of corrective actions
- Participate in the preparation of internal audit work papers, written audit findings and recommendations, report writing and organization-wide risk assessments
- Assist with developing, implementing and coordinating robust internal audit plans in support of internal audits assigned to you
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Depending on specific assignments, you may be involved in:
- Reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Optimizing operational effectiveness and efficiency of business processes & performing analyses integral to key operational improvement initiatives
- Assessing the reliability of information systems and the quality of the financial and decision-making information produced by those systems
- Complying with NYSERDA policies, contracts, state and federal statues, and regulations
- Safeguarding assets against loss
- Two years of experience in an analytical or financial role such as auditing, accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, regulatory compliance, quantitative analysis, modeling, program analysis, or similar experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Public Administration, Economics, or a related field of analytical study, or
- An unrelated bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience as described above
- Strong project management, business process evaluation, quantitative analysis, and problem solving skills with an ability to drive to big picture goals while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in performing business analyses, documenting requirements or mapping processes
- A strong customer orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills in order to work closely with various levels of staff and management throughout the Authority to evaluate and appraise NYSERDA’s operations
- A strong background with Microsoft Office Suite
Preference will be given to those individuals who also possess the following:
- Experience conducting internal, external, contract audits, or similar experience
- Familiarity/experience with evaluation of internal controls, business process analysis, compliance reviews, financial statement auditing, and contract auditing
- Experience with analyzing or auditing information systems and technology, especially PeopleSoft accounting applications or similar
Individuals will be considered for Associate Internal Auditor or Internal Auditor based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include the Position’s Title & Job Code 383 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.