Several additional programs within New York State and a related program in California may be of interest to organizations with an interest in NYTVIP.
- New York City Clean Trucks Program (NYCCTP) provides vehicle rebates for new trucks operating in New York City industrial business zones (IBZs) to replace older, more polluting trucks. Eligible truck fleets qualifying for incentives through NYCCTP are not also eligible for incentives through NYTVIP.
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey’s Truck Replacement Program provides purchase incentives for new drayage trucks to replace older trucks that serve port facilities in New York and New Jersey.
- California’s Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (HVIP) provides point-of-sale voucher incentives to truck and bus fleets in California for all-electric, hydrogen fuel cell, electric power takeoff (ePTO), and low-NOx natural gas vehicles, similar to NYTVIP.
There are several infrastructure programs and incentives active throughout New York State that can make it easier for your fleet to install the necessary charging or fueling infrastructure to accommodate a new BEV or AFV.
- Joint Utilities of New York – Electric Vehicles: In July 2020, the New York Public Service Commission authorized $701 million in utility EV make-ready and related infrastructure programs statewide, including $15 million to support the build-out of make-ready infrastructure at medium- and heavy-duty (M/HD) fleet depot locations for fleets that have secured or are pursuing funding either through NYTVIP or NYCCTP. Once utility plans for the M/HD component have been released, they will be available on the Joint Utilities’ EV webpage.
- New York Power Authority – EVolve NY: NYPA is investing $250 million over 10 years to improve EV infrastructure for drivers and fleets statewide, including by providing infrastructure assistance to transit fleets statewide that are beginning to integrate electric buses into their fleets. See the EVolve NY website for more information.
- New York State Alternative Fuels and Electric Vehicle Recharging Property Credit: Individuals and businesses paying tax in New York State are eligible for a tax credit of 50% (up to $5000) for investments in new alternative fuels vehicle refueling property or electric vehicle recharging property for tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2013.