New York’s nation-leading climate and clean energy goals are driving greenhouse gas emissions reduction and adoption of renewable technologies. The State is continually assessing progress toward these goals to inform program development, investment, and policy decisions.
NYSERDA's Goals and Areas We Impact
NYSERDA’s five core mission outcomes are:
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reductions: NYSERDA advances solutions to drive GHG reductions in all areas of New York's economy to achieve 40% GHG emissions reduction by 2030 and 85% by 2050 from 1990 levels.
- Renewable Energy: NYSERDA drives steady, predictable procurements of renewable energy, helping reduce costs, drive supply chain localization, and supports priority grid investments to achieve 70% renewably sourced electricity by 2030 and a zero-emission electric grid by 2040.
- Energy Efficiency and Building Decarbonization: NYSERDA develops and manages programs to drive deeper levels of energy efficiency and carbon emissions reduction in buildings, particularly in disadvantaged communities, with a statewide target of 185 TBtu (trillion British thermal units) of cumulative energy savings in New York’s buildings by 2025.
- Clean Energy Economy: NYSERDA provides resources for building an inclusive clean energy economy that will employ nearly half-a-million New Yorkers by 2030 and cultivates a just transition by developing a pipeline of skilled labor and economic opportunities.
- Resilient and Distributed Energy System: NYSERDA helps align infrastructure, investment, and energy system planning decisions to mitigate and adapt to climate vulnerabilities, with a focus on deploying with a focus on deploying distributed energy resources to boost resilience, including 3.000 MW of energy storage and 10,000 MW of distributed solar energy.
Measuring Our Progress
Clean Energy Dashboard
Provides a Statewide snapshot of program activity by electric and gas utilities and NYSERDA.
Read more about Clean Energy Dashboard
NYSERDA's Strategic Outlook
View our multi-year objectives, ongoing programmatic efforts, and strategic areas of focus for 2023 through 2026.
Read more about NYSERDA's Strategic Outlook
Publications and Technical Reports
Discover resources, expertise, and objective information on energy-related topics, NYSERDA programs, clean energy initiatives, and more.
Read more about Publications and Technical Reports
Storage Data Maps
Explore information on energy storage and other distributed energy resource (DER) projects that have been approved or installed.
Read more about Storage Data Maps
Solar Data Maps
View NYSERDA-supported and statewide solar projects, including total capacity and annual trends.
Read more about Solar Data Maps
Learn about New York’s nation-leading climate targets and progress to our goals.
Read more about Climate Act
NYSERDA Transparency Plan
In response to the Government Transparency Initiative memo (Memo) [PDF] of September 20, 2021, NYSERDA conducted a review of internal policies and procedures and addressed each bullet point from the Memo to assess the current and ongoing efforts regarding transparency and accountability.
A summary is available of NYSERDA’s existing, extensive transparency efforts, as well as action items that describe the changes NYSERDA will implement to increase the transparency of its work, along with schedules and monitoring plans to ensure the effectiveness and timeliness of the action items.