Everyone involved with the electric car ecosystem contributes to expanding electric car use. NYSERDA supports a wide range of electric car activities and has information to help researchers, charging station installers, municipalities, and other stakeholders advance electric cars in New York State.
For Researchers and Innovators
- Propose an R&D project [PDF] to develop, demonstrate, or research EV-enabling technologies, policies, and business models
- Access data on EVs and EV charging stations collected by NYSERDA
- Read about additional research projects and reports
- Learn all the ways that Planners and Municipalities can set the right policies to support electric vehicle adoption in your area
- Learn about best practices for enacting local codes that support electric car adoption and use [PDF]
- Find out how planning boards can encourage electric vehicle charging stations to be incorporated into new development projects
For Charging Station Installers and Inspectors
- Learn about best practices for station installations and understand local codes and zoning rules as they relate to charging station installations
- Review NYSERDA's best practice guide for installers [PDF]
For Municipal Planners and Planning & Zoning Boards
- Review DC Fast Charger Streamlined Permitting Guidebook [PDF] for information on charging technology and model permitting rules and forms.
For Property Developers
- Learn how Commercial and Residential property developers can best incorporate electric vehicle charging stations into new development projects [PDF]
- See where electric cars are registered in New York State on an interactive map