Use of Auction Proceeds
NYSERDA designed and implemented a process to develop and annually update an Operating Plan which summarizes and describes the initiatives to be supported by RGGI auction proceeds. The RGGI Operating Plan is designed to strategically invest across disciplines, economy wide, in a way that supports comprehensive strategies that best advance the CO2 emission reductions goals of the State.
The Operating Plan includes:
- Summary of Program Benefits resulting from the entire RGGI portfolio
- Portfolio development criteria
- Program descriptions and budgets
- Descriptions of the measurement, verification, and evaluation methods that will be used to judge the impacts and success of the programs, and
- A quantification of NYSERDA’s costs for administration and evaluation of the programs.
The most recent version of the Operating Plan can be viewed here:
- RGGI Operating Plan [PDF] - Updated December 2022
Similar to other programs that NYSERDA administers, stakeholder input is important to us. On an annual basis, the Authority engages stakeholders representing the environmental community, the electric generation community, consumer benefit organizations and interested members of the general public to assist with the development of an annual update to the Operating Plan. NYSERDA seeks feedback on the design and implementation of programs described in the Operating Plan to help us maximize the effectiveness of RGGI funded programs.
RGGI Stakeholder Meeting - December 12, 2022
- Agenda [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
- Webinar Recording
- 2023 RGGI Operating Plan Amendment [PDF]
Approved by NYSERDA Board of Directors on January 25, 2023
Comments on the 2023 Draft Amendment
- Roger Caiazza [PDF]
- Roger Caiazza Supporting Documentation [XLXS]
- New York Municipal Electric Utilities Association [PDF]
You can find documents related to past RGGI Meetings, as well as previous versions of the RGGI Operating Plan, on the Useful Documents page.