On-site Energy Manager Program
Energy managers are responsible for creating efficient processes that decrease cost and waste—helping your business achieve leaner operations. You can lower operational costs, reduce maintenance time, and create comfortable, safe areas by hiring or assigning a dedicated on-site energy manager.
NYSERDA’s On-site Energy Manager (OsEM) program offers a 75 percent cost-share for industrial and commercial facilities or buildings to hire a dedicated, full-time on-site energy manager. Projects may include operations and maintenance improvements, energy efficiency upgrades, water saving improvements, and more. The energy manager can be either a new permanent hire or a contractor. You may select a contractor from NYSERDA’s current list of Flexible Technical Assistance (FlexTech) Consultants.
How You Benefit
- Drive profitability for your business by reducing downtime and increasing productivity
- Improve the performance of your facilities
- Increase alignment across your facilities on day-to-day energy management practices
- Create a pipeline of skilled talent to fill open positions in your facilities
When You Should Consider OsEM
OsEM may be good for your business if:
- You do not have an employee focused on strategically managing your energy use
- You are looking to more effectively allocate and organize energy management responsibilities
- You are working to increase the skills of your employees in efficient operations
- You are investing in new equipment, systems, and technologies
- You are interested in creating a culture of sustainability and efficiency in your facility
Explore success stories of other New York State businesses that have participated in and benefited from the program.
- Participants must be commercial, or industrial facilities or campuses, or have portfolios that contribute to the System Benefits Charge
- Participants must not have an existing dedicated full-time energy manager on-site
- Participants must show a desire to continue the energy manager role beyond the pilot engagement period
- Participants must be willing to share results and lessons learned about the impact of the energy manager with NYSERDA
Ready to put energy to work for your business or have questions about the program? Send an email to [email protected] to learn more about the program or reading the funding opportunity for further program details and application submission.