Clean Green Campuses
Clean Green Campuses
Leading by example, togetherJoin Clean Green Campuses
Connecting New York State’s higher education institutions to resources and financial support to advance clean energy and low-carbon solutions at the campus and community level.
Clean Green Campuses Stats
- 140+ participating colleges and universities (more than 50% of colleges and universities across New York State)
- 125+ projects supported
- $24,000,000+ in NYSERDA funding received by members
Since joining Clean Green Campuses:
- 67% of member institutions reported greater leadership support for clean energy and sustainability projects
- 87% of member institutions reported a higher-level of understanding of clean energy opportunities on their campuses
NYSERDA’s Clean Green Campuses initiative (formerly REV Campus Challenge) is a membership network of two- and four-year, public and private colleges and universities in New York State exploring ways to lower carbon emissions and contribute to a just energy transition on their campuses and surrounding communities. Clean Green Campuses connects its member institutions to exclusive funding opportunities and advisory services, as well as peer-to-peer knowledge sharing opportunities. There is no cost to joining Clean Green Campuses, and member institutions have no requirements or obligations after joining.
Clean Green Campuses supports higher education institutions by:
- Better enabling them to implement clean energy and sustainability projects
- Assisting them with setting and achieving energy and carbon reduction goals
- Informing institutions of funding opportunities and trainings to support the advancement of clean energy across campus facilities, curricula, and communities
- Promoting successful clean energy projects and sustainability practices across the higher ed sector
- Understanding the unique needs of the higher ed sector and establishing strategies to mitigate barriers for advancing clean energy
Regardless of your institution’s progress around clean energy and carbon reduction, Clean Green Campuses provides support and resources essential to helping your institution set and achieve carbon reduction goals that also advance institutional academic, financial, sustainability, equity, and community goals.