Clean Energy Workforce Development
Workforce development and training are essential components to a bustling 21st century economy and a cleaner, healthier New York. To meet the requirements of a clean energy economy as outlined in the Clean Energy Fund (CEF) and the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act), NYSERDA dedicated more than $100 million in funding to support clean energy workforce development and training.
With six unique program opportunities, our funding supports activities as diverse as:
- Training for building and operations staff to properly operate and maintain building systems;
- On-the-job training for new clean energy workers;
- Internships for students looking to gain hands-on skills at a clean energy company;
- Curriculum development to meet the demands of clean energy employers;
- Creation of a sustainable talent pipeline that can reduce the business cost of hiring new workers;
- Career pathways training for high-efficiency HVAC and heat pumps.
If you are interested in learning more about our clean energy workforce development opportunities, see the available funding opportunities to the left or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
NYSERDA is pleased to host a new, online “Partner Connector” site to facilitate connections among training providers and other partners interested in applying to our workforce development and training funding opportunities. Find out more information and register on the Partner Connector site.