Electric Vehicle Registration Map
New York State has seen tremendous growth in electric car registrations since the launch of Charge NY in 2013. Using data from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), NYSERDA has developed EValuateNY, a tool that compiles statistics on the electric car market, including where registrations are, what makes and models are most popular, and more. Users can drill down for more or details, and the maps and charts are interactive. Registration data can also be accessed through a downloadable Excel file [CSV]. DMV data is typically updated monthly.
EValuateNY also incorporates additional data from U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Census Bureau, and other sources to provide information about demographics of communities with high electric car ownership, where charging station are located, and more. The full version can be downloaded for use by researchers in either Excel or Power BI formats.
More EV Resources:
- NYSERDA’s EV charging station map is an interactive tool for locating charging stations near you
- Battery electric vehicle, an all-electric car
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, an electric car that plugs in and runs on electricity, but has a gasoline engine to power the car if the battery is depleted
- Extended-range electric vehicle, an electric car that plugs in and runs on electricity, but has a gasoline engine to recharge the battery if the battery is depleted
- Direct current fast charger, a quick charging station