Registration is Open for the LIFE 2017 Regional Meetings
The New York State Public Service Commission and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), in cooperation with the Low-Income Forum on Energy (LIFE) Steering Committee, are proud to announce the LIFE 2017 Regional Meetings will be held in seven locations across New York State.
- May 1 - New York City - Long Island City, Queens NY
- May 2 - Long Island - Melville NY
- May 10 - Western New York - Buffalo NY
- May 11 - Southern Tier - Corning NY
- May 16 - North Country - Watertown NY
- May 17 - Hudson Valley - Poughkeepsie NY
- May 23 - Capital District - Saratoga Springs NY
Visit http://events.lifenys.org/ to register and for details about scholarships, venues, agendas, and exhibitor opportunities.
Attendees can expect updates on NYS Public Service Commission’s Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) initiative and NYSERDA’s Clean Energy Fund (CEF); discussion about emerging issues, best practices, and consumer protections; Information about current programs and innovative initiatives; and networking opportunities with other professionals in the low-income energy field. Join us at a meeting near you!
Working to help low-income New Yorkers address energy issues
LIFE, the Low-Income Forum on Energy, is a unique statewide dialogue that brings together organizations and individuals committed to addressing the challenges and opportunities facing low-income New Yorkers as they seek safe, affordable and reliable energy. The LIFE dialogue encourages an interactive exchange of information and collaboration among the programs and resources that assist low-income energy consumers. The initiative is supported by the New York State Public Service Commission and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
Anyone wishing to receive updates on the Low-Income Forum on Energy (LIFE) can join the LIFE email list or contact LIFE@nyserda.ny.gov with inquiries.
To guide LIFE activities and ensure that that the LIFE program meets its goals, the following mission statement has been developed by the LIFE Steering Committee:
- To maintain a forum which attracts a diverse range of parties whose efforts will have an impact on the ability of low-income customers to meet their energy needs.
- To seek, identify, and address the full range of low-income energy issues.
- To broaden participation and encourage involvement of all stakeholders in the energy forum.
- To encourage linkages through the forum to strengthen the understanding of and support for the energy needs of low-income New Yorkers.
- To encourage an interactive exchange of information and collaboration among the programs and resources that helps the State’s low-income households.
- To provide a venue for policy makers to hear of emerging issues from those at the front end of program delivery, identification of best practices, and networking opportunities for those in the low-income energy field.