New York State Affordable Multifamily Energy Efficiency Program
The New York State Affordable Multifamily Energy Efficiency Program (AMEEP) is a combined effort of the Joint Utilities of New York and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
The program offers incentives for the installation of energy efficient equipment and technology to affordable multifamily buildings with five or more units. This equipment and technology can reduce the overall energy use and maintenance costs while increasing operating efficiencies and improving tenant comfort. Efficient buildings release fewer carbon emissions, providing a big boost as we work toward New York State’s ambitious climate goals.
Detailed information on project eligibility, incentives, and upgrades can be found on your utility’s web page or within the program documents noted below. If you are interested in speaking with someone about a potential project submit an interest form to be contacted.
Utility Program Pages
- Central Hudson
- Con Ed
- National Fuel
- National Grid LI
- National Grid Metro
- National Grid Niagara Mohawk
- Program Manual [PDF]
- Customer Application [PDF]
- Downstate Incentive Fact Sheet (for customers of Con Edison and National Grid in the NYC and Long Island regions) [PDF]
- Upstate Incentive Fact Sheet (for customers of National Fuel Gas, NYSEG, RG&E, National Grid in the Niagara Mohawk region, Central Hudson, and Orange & Rockland) [PDF]
- Acceptable Documentation for Affordable Housing Eligibility [PDF]
- Participating Contractor List [XLSX]
Documents for Contractors and Energy Service Providers
Translated Incentive Fact Sheets
- Translated Incentive Fact Sheet - Downstate (Spanish) [PDF]
- Translated Incentive Fact Sheet - Upstate (Spanish) [PDF]
- Translated Incentive Fact Sheet - Downstate (Mandarin) [PDF]
- Translated Incentive Fact Sheet - Upstate (Mandarin) [PDF]