All Codes Resources
The list below includes all NYSERDA approved energy code resources, in alphabetical order.
Energy Code Resources
- Build Better Field Guide - Explains building practices to reduce energy bills and create quieter, more comfortable, and healthier homes.
- Clean Energy Communities Leadership Round - Supports local governments with grant funding and expertise on their paths to building greener communities.
- Clean Energy Fund Codes Chapter [PDF]- Provides information about the Clean Energy Fund (CEF). The CEF is designed to deliver on New York State’s commitment to reduce ratepayer collections, drive economic development, and accelerate the use of clean energy and energy innovation through 2026.
- Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) - Provides information about the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA). Also known as The Climate Act, CLCPA sets New York State on a path towards achieving our nation-leading climate goals.
- Code Hotline - Offers technical support to building design, construction, and code enforcement professionals with questions on the 2020 Energy Conservation Construction Code of New York State (2020 State Energy Code) and NYStretch-2020.v
- Community Outreach & Adoption Resources
- Contractor Pool Teaming Arrangements and Partnership Opportunities - Lists opportunities for mini-bids with firms and organizations that were competitively selected to provide NYSERDA with technical, regulatory and policy support for energy code, new construction, and product standards efforts.
- Division of Building Standards and Codes - Provides information about the Division of Building Standards and Codes. The NYS Department of State’s Division of Building Standards and Codes ensures the health, safety & resilience of the built environment for all New Yorkers.
- Energy Code Enforcement Manual for Code Enforcement Officers - How-to guide for approaching and reviewing construction documents, energy analyses, and field construction sites to ensure compliance with the New York State Energy Code. This manual helps streamline the compliance approval process for code enforcement officers so that it is efficient, user-friendly, and facilitates energy code compliance for all projects.
- New York State Building Codes – Provides a repository of all New York State Building Codes.
- New York State Energy Code Manual for Design Professionals - Helps building professionals design projects that comply with New York State Energy Code. This manual translates the Energy Code into actionable insights and guidance. While this manual incorporates information that is consistent with good design practice, it is not intended to be a complete design resource. It does not comprehensively address all Energy Code requirements or other areas of design beyond energy efficiency.
- NYStretch Adoption Resources - Provides a comprehensive set of resources to help local governments adopt NYStretch in their communities.
- NYStretch-2020 Commercial Cost Analysis Report [PDF] - Provides an in depth examination of the commercial energy savings and cost-effectiveness associated with NYStretch-2020.
- NYStretch-2020 Residential Cost Analysis Report [PDF] - Provides an in depth examination of the residential energy savings and cost-effectiveness associated with NYStretch-2020.
- Performance Path Enforcement Manual - Helps code enforcement officials review construction documents designed to comply with the New York State Energy Code using ASHRAE 90.1-2013, Energy Cost Budget Method or Appendix G, Performance Rating Method. This manual provides detailed guidance for effective and efficient performance path plan review. It includes a “Review Checklist” to prioritize the plan review scope, document results, and provide comments to the permit applicant, along with a Performance Path Calculator.
- Third Party Support Manual - Provides voluntary guidance and checklists to help Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) interested in using third-party support providers to plan check and inspect for compliance with New York State energy codes.