Clean Energy Careers - Find work with a purpose
Start your career in the growing clean energy field
If you’re looking for a career with a bright future instead of just another job, NYSERDA’s paid internship and fellowship programs can help you start a new path in the clean energy field. Clean energy positions are in high demand and the market will only continue to expand as New York transitions away from fossil fuels. Careers in clean energy also typically offer above average salaries, healthcare, and other great benefits.
No matter if you’re just entering the workforce or looking to switch to a new career, what better way to use your skills than to reduce carbon emissions and build the equitable, resilient clean energy economy of the future! If you have experience or are exploring jobs in customer service, retail, hospitality, or the food and beverage industry, your skillset can be applied to a number of clean energy positions at businesses across New York. A career in clean energy is a great full-time option with long-term growth prospects and stability.
NYSERDA is helping job seekers and students access careers in the clean energy economy with the following programs and resources:
- New York State Clean Energy Internships: Helps prepare the next generation of clean energy professionals by funding paid internships for students and recent graduates at New York State’s clean energy businesses. Prospective interns are encouraged to learn more about participating businesses and apply today.
- Climate Justice Fellowships: Year-long, full-time fellowships for individuals from historically underserved communities. NYSERDA provides funding for salaries and professional development so that fellows have the opportunity to work within businesses and organizations that advance climate justice and clean energy priorities for disadvantaged communities. Please note: host employers must apply to the program with a specific fellow candidate in mind.
- Clean Energy Career Maps: Identify various paths for growth and career advancement in the field of clean energy. Explore these free tools to help map out your own clean energy career journey.
- Directory of Free Online Clean Energy Training: Explore free online clean energy training opportunities to expand your knowledge on a variety of clean energy categories.
- Participating Clean Energy Employers: Explore the businesses and organizations that are participating as employers in NYSERDA’s Workforce Development and Training programs to find an opportunity that aligns with your career goals.
Did you know? NYSERDA’s On-the-Job Training for Energy Efficiency & Clean Technology program reimburses businesses for up to 75% of a new hire’s wages for their first 16-24 weeks of employment and provides assistance with training plans. Let your prospective employer know that these resources are available to them to help with your hiring and onboarding process.