NYSERDA's fourth annual request for proposals under the Clean Energy Standard, RESRFP20-1, was issued on July 21, 2020 and resulted in awards for 21 solar projects, including three with energy storage, and one hydroelectric facility to develop 2,111 megawatts of new, renewable energy capacity throughout New York State. The agreements will also support the development of 30 megawatts of utility-scale energy storage. These awards, coupled with awards for NYSERDA’s concurrent offshore wind solicitation ORECRFP20-1 and NYPA’s 2020 land-based renewables solicitation constitute the largest competitive procurement in the nation– over 4,600 megawatts of renewable capacity, enough to power over 1.7 million households.
The State's investment in these new land-based renewables projects is expected to spur nearly $2.5 billion of direct private investment. These awards continue to support the achievement of New York’s nation leading goal of generating 70% of New York’s electricity from renewable sources by 2030, consistent with the Climate Leadership and Community Benefit Act.
For more information on the awards, consult the 2020 Renewable Energy Standard Solicitation Fact Sheet [PDF] and the Large-Scale Renewables Open NY database.
The awarded projects include:
Three solar projects:
- Dolan Solar in Washington County.
- Hawthorn Solar in Rensselaer County.
- Somers Solar in Washington County.
Central New York
Three solar projects:
- Delight Farm in Cayuga County.
- Homer Solar Energy Center in Cortland County.
- Milliken Solar in Cayuga County.
Six solar projects:
- Alabama Solar in Genesee County, paired with an energy storage facility in Dutchess County.
- Cider Solar Farm in Genesee County.
- Hatchery Solar in Livingston County.
- Highbanks Solar in Livingston County.
- Orleans Solar in Orleans County.
- SunEast Transit Solar in Genesee County.
Four solar projects:
- Mill Point Solar in Montgomery County.
- SunEast Augustus Solar in Oneida County.
- SunEast Flat Creek Solar in Montgomery County.
- SunEast Flat Stone Solar in Oneida County.
Two solar projects and one hydroelectric project:
- Chasm Falls in Franklin County.
- Rutland Center Solar 1 in Jefferson County
- Tracy Solar Energy Center in Jefferson County.
One solar project:
- Clear View Solar in Steuben County.
Western New York
Two solar projects:
- Moraine Solar Energy Center in Allegany County.
- SunEast Kingbird Solar in Chautauqua County.
- RESRFP20-1 - Renewable Energy Standard Purchase of New York Tier 1 Eligible Renewable Energy Certificates – Summary [PDF]
- Attachment A – RES Standard Form Agreement and Exhibits A, B, C, and G [PDF]
- RESRFP20-1 Map of NYS Mineral Soil Groups classifications 1 through 4 (MSG 1-4)