Clean Energy Upgrades
Local governments can achieve a 10 percent reduction in the greenhouse gas emissions from municipal buildings through energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy.
- Fact Sheet [PDF]
This fact sheet provides a brief description of the Clean Energy Upgrades action along with the benefits communities can expect to achieve.
- Step-by-Step Guidance [PDF]
The slide presentation provides an overview of the Clean Energy Communities Program as well as a detailed description and step-by-step guidance for implementing the Clean Energy Upgrades action.
- Clean Energy Upgrades Calculator - Version 5 [XLSX]
This calculator must be completed and submitted to earn credit for this action.
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Training Resources
This website offers a series of videos and training resources.
- New York Power Authority (NYPA) Energy Service Fact Sheet [PDF]
This is a one-page brochure on NYPA’s Energy Project Implementation offering for energy efficiency projects in municipal buildings.
- Energy Performance Contracts for Local Governments - Best Practices Guide [PDF]
This guide, prepared for the Climate Smart Communities Program, includes a brief overview of Energy Performance Contracts and their benefits, industry standards, and case studies.
- NYSERDA Water & Wastewater Energy Management Best Practices Handbook [PDF]
This handbook provides the water and wastewater sectors with guidance on the development of an energy conservation program, implementation of capital and operational improvements to reduce energy consumption, and methods to track performance and assess program effectiveness.
Sign up for news
Stay up-to-date on energy-saving programs and incentives, industry best practices, and more.Stay Connected