Please note that incentives are only available for primary residences without access to natural gas.
1. Select a Participating Contractor and work with them to see if you pre-qualify for a residential pellet stove rebate through Renewable Heat NY. Eligible customers looking to install a pellet stove in their primary residence and who do not have access to natural gas need to have
- An existing wood or pellet stove or fireplace insert (with firebox) currently installed (in working condition) in their residence, which they will relinquish for destructive recycling ($1,500) or
- Income qualification ($2,000) or
- Both ($2,500)
2. As part of the pre-qualification process, the homeowner may choose to complete the Income Qualification Application [PDF] and/or Credit Application. The Credit Application can be completed online or via download [PDF]. More information about financing and household income limits.
3.Once pre-qualified, the Participating Contractor will visit the residence where the system is to be installed. As a result of this visit, the Participating Contractor will be able to provide you with more information on project costs, financing options, and rebate amount.
4. The Participating Contractor will submit the proper application information on your behalf and will be notified if and when the application has been approved. In the case of income qualification, both you and the contractor will be contacted.
When approved, the contractor will schedule the installation with you. If recycling an existing wood or pellet stove or fireplace insert, the contractor is responsible for the proper recycling.
5. Sign the certificate of completion confirming satisfactory installation of your new pellet stove. Contractors in the Program provide a warranty on their installation for one year from the date of signed completion.