Whether running dairy equipment or keeping your greenhouse fans running properly, energy can be a significant expense for farms. Discover new ways energy can boost production, while simultaneously improving the comfort and safety of your employees and assets.
How you Benefit
- Boost production with process improvements and energy efficient equipment
- Increase profitability through long-term, reduced energy costs
- Improve security, worker safety, and comfort across your facilities
- Reduce maintenance time and costs and extend the life span of your equipment
- Reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to a cleaner and healthier community
Energy Best Practices for Agriculture
Get access to agricultural best practices for farm energy use and equipment operations. Now you can get information from a continually growing collection of resources and can obtain individual, site specific recommendations and guidance to improve operations and productivity. Visit NYSERDA’s Energy Best Practices for Agriculture site for more information.
Agriculture Energy Audit Program
NYSERDA offers financial assistance to identify electric and natural gas energy efficiency measures for eligible farms and on-farm producers, including but not limited to: dairies, orchards, greenhouses, vegetables, vineyards, grain dryers, and poultry/egg. Farms must be customers of a New York State investor-owned utility and contribute to the System Benefits Charge (SBC). Please check your farm’s current utility bills.
Farms can request an energy audit through the Agriculture Energy Audit Program. NYSERDA will assign a Flexible Technical Assistance (FlexTech) Consultant to perform an energy audit.
Call 1-800-732-1399 or send an email to [email protected] for more information.
Other Sources of Information:
Agriculture Programs and Resources
- Advancing Agricultural Energy Technologies Program (NYSERDA) - opportunities to demonstrate emerging clean energy technologies and practices that provide benefits to farms
- Agriculture Energy Audit Program (NYSERDA) - technical assistance to identify energy efficiency measures for eligible farms and on-farm producers
- Anaerobic Digester Gas-to-Electricity Systems Program (NYSERDA) - incentives for owners of existing farm-related anaerobic digestion systems that demonstrate replicable business models or strategies to achieve commercial operation
- Agri-business Program (National Grid) - incentives for upstate New York customers who upgrade to energy-efficient equipment (heat recovery units, chillers, etc.)
For a full list of programs, visit our Energy Programs and Incentives page.