Program Update

As of September 2015, there are changes to FlexTech Program eligibility and cost-share amounts. Read the program information below for more details. 

FlexTech Program

FlexTech is seeking to provide objective, site-specific targeted technical assistance and analysis that results in implementation of clean energy technologies. FlexTech will cost-share site-specific technical assistance with demonstrated potential for energy savings or process improvement where information for an implementation decision is unavailable. Eligible study areas are:

  • Cost-shared targeted clean energy technical analyses and strategic energy management assistance to eligible existing facilities
  • Cost-shared on-site combined heat and power (CHP) feasibility studies for eligible customers

Nonresidential customers with an average electric demand of 100 kW or less may be eligible for an energy assessment through the Small Commercial Energy Efficiency Program.

Choosing a Consultant

Customers may work with a NYSERDA FlexTech Consultant [PDF] or an independent service provider.

NYSERDA FlexTech Consultants are firms under NYSERDA contract to provide statewide geographic distribution of the eligible project categories. Firms must apply to NYSERDA using examples of energy efficiency expertise. Learn more about the process for using FlexTech Consultants

Becoming a FlexTech Consultant

Firms are contracted on a continuous basis to conduct energy studies and help customers prioritize opportunities for energy savings. Learn about applying to become a FlexTech Consultant. When ready to apply, complete the Online Application and you will be contacted by NYSERDA within two days.

How To Apply

  • Energy study funding is available through the Consolidated Funding Application on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted.
  • See PON 1746 for complete program and application requirements.

Who Can Participate

Nonresidential facilities in New York State that pay into the SBC including:

  • Health care
  • Industrial and commercial
  • Not-for-profit and private institutions, public and private K-12 schools colleges and universities
  • State and local governments

Who To Contact