EmPower New York provides no-cost energy efficiency solutions to income-eligible New Yorkers.
Nearly 100,000 of your neighbors are saving energy and saving money with EmPower New York — without spending a dime. Whether you own your home or rent, a participating contractor assesses if your home would benefit from free energy upgrades such as:
- Air sealing to plug leaks and reduce drafts
- Insulation to make your home more comfortable all year round
- Replacement of inefficient refrigerators and freezers
- New energy-efficient lighting
- Plus, free health and safety checks of your smoke detectors, appliances and more
First, find out if you are income-eligible. Then, you can choose one of these three ways to apply:
Your assessment and services are provided by a BPI GoldStar contractor recognized by the Building Performance Institute (BPI) so you know that they’re applying the latest knowledge and technology to energy efficiency in your home. The contractor can make the upgrades too.
Learn more about what to expect when you participate in EmPower New York.
The Konstanty family in Gasport, NY, participated in EmPower New York. Read about their experience [PDF].
Landlords can encourage income-eligible tenants to apply. Download information for landlords [PDF].