With ENERGY STAR® You Use Significantly Less Energy
Many homes have multiple televisions, home audio systems and DVD players. If you have cable or satellite television, you will also have a set-top box that receives signals from your provider so they can be displayed on your TV. The energy consumed by all these devices adds up quickly. However, with ENERGY STAR certified models, you can save quite a bit.
- ENERGY STAR certified TVs use about 25% less energy than standard units
- ENERGY STAR certified Light Emitting Diode (LED) flat panel TVs use significantly less energy than standard units
- Consider award-winning televisions to save even more energy
- ENERGY STAR certified set-top boxes [PDF] are at least 40% more efficient than conventional models. Just two standard set-top boxes, such as a cable box or satellite receiver, uses as much energy as a standard refrigerator.
- Using an advanced power strip to centralize and manage your home entertainment devices will save you even more
Boost your energy savings with these energy-saving tips.