Residential Market Advisory Group
The Residential Market Advisory Group’s mission is to bring together residential market actors to envision the next generation of residential clean energy solutions and to facilitate deployment of strategies that stimulate market growth, deliver customer value, and enable achievement of New York State’s energy policy goals.
It provides a forum for the residential market that advances collaboration among stakeholders and enables the market to provide input to the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority. The RMAG addresses topics related to residential energy efficiency and clean energy markets activities for 1–4-unit existing homes. The RMAG identifies, organizes, and develops collective ideas and serves as a vehicle for stakeholder group views and recommendations regarding efficiency solutions to be shared among members and help guide the implementation of strategies supporting New York State’s energy policy goals.
NYSERDA will provide periodic updates on issues relevant to the Residential Market Advisory Group to anyone who elects to subscribe to the email list . If you’d like to receive these updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In person and virtual meeting events will be hosted by NYSERDA on a quarterly basis, or as needed.
Advisory Group Objectives
- Maintain market awareness of public policies driving investments in energy efficiency and clean energy in the residential market.
- Share information on current and planned activities to enable coordination and avoid unproductive duplication of efforts in advancing progress towards policy and industry objectives.
- Discuss opportunities and challenges associated with wide-scale deployment of energy efficiency and clean energy services for the residential sector and seek solutions to overcome market barriers.
- Help guide the direction of the market’s existing and future clean energy solutions.
- Make connections and develop collaborations among participants and partners to meet mutual objectives.
- Develop and coordinate shared messaging and outreach strategies where appropriate.
Participation in the Residential Market Advisory Group is open to all parties with business interests aligned with enabling and providing energy efficiency and clean energy solutions to this market segment, including, but not limited to: residential building contractors; residential energy-related product manufacturers, distributors, service providers, and software developers; insurers; realtors, appraisers, inspectors; financiers and mortgage lenders; policy and advocacy groups; trade associations, standards organizations, trainers, and credentialing bodies; utilities and other energy providers; researchers and consultants; and government entities.
While ad hoc sub-committees, working groups, and workshops may be formed from time to time to enable targeted work efforts, Advisory Group activities are open to all interested parties. Participation in the Advisory Group is voluntary.
To join the mailing list for information about the Residential Market Advisory Group and to be notified of upcoming meetings, contact email@example.com.
Upcoming Meetings & Webinars
Registration is open now for the Q4 virtual RMAG Meeting which will happen in three parts:
First, on November 4: NYSERDA will open the Residential Market Advisory Group Meeting with a plenary session to update membership on the state of RMAG efforts and discuss priorities identified by the RMAG members.
- Thursday, November 4, 2021 (2:00 – 3:30pm ET): RMAG Quarterly Meeting Registration
The following week on November 8, 9, and 10: NYSERDA will hold three breakout sessions to move identified priorities forward and explore actionable next steps in more detail. These sessions will include featured speakers and moderators that will bring their expertise to the proceedings.
- Monday, November 8, 2021 (10:00am – 12:00pm ET): Benchmarking Breakout Session
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 (10:30am – 12:30pm ET): Customer Engagement and Homeowner Playbook Breakout Session
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021 (1:00 – 3:00pm ET): Envelope Improvements Breakout Session
Last, the next week on November 15: NYSERDA will close the Residential Market Advisory Group Meeting with a session to update membership on outcomes of the priority Breakout Sessions.
- Monday, November 15, 2021 (2:00 – 3:30pm ET): RMAG Closing Session Registration
Prior Meeting Materials
August 19, 2021
- Membership Showcase with presentations by Copper Labs and HubControls.
- Presentation Slides [PDF]
June 23, 2021
March 10, 2021
October 2-16, 2020
- Executive Summary [PDF]
- Detailed Summary [PDF]
- Opening Webinar: Kicks off the Fall 2020 meeting and webinar series with a review of the NY Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) and the current state of the NY residential energy market. Topics also included NYSERDA updates and opportunities partnering with the Joint Utilities of New York.
- Working Group Session 1: How to Normalize the Use of Heat Pumps: This work group focused on strategies for increasing residential use of heat pumps.
- Working Group Session 2: Ramping Up to Meet our Clean Energy Goals: This work group focused on next steps for the CCLPA and working together to meet NY clean energy goals.
- Working Group Session 3: Building Back Stronger: The “New Normal” Residential Market: This work group focused on building back stronger as we navigate towards a new normal in the COVID world.
- Closing Webinar: The Closing Webinar included report-outs from the three working groups, an exercise to identify the highest priority action items and presentations about some efforts already underway.
May 21, 2020
June 17, 2019
Residential Contractor Working Group
The Residential Contractor Working Group convenes monthly and advises and provides feedback on a number of topics related to residential contractors. To join this group, email firstname.lastname@example.org. As needed, additional and larger meetings will be held on specific topics and notes are listed below.
The Conflicts and Confidentiality Policy was developed for NYSERDA Advisory Boards. All Residential Market Advisory Group members must read it and comply with its terms.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, contact email@example.com