Advanced Clean Energy (ACE) Exploratory Research Funding (PON 3249)
ACE is an ongoing funding opportunity that supports inspired, innovative, and disruptive thinking about technologies and business models that will transform New York State’s energy landscape. The aim of ACE is to provide NYSERDA with useful information to develop focused technology or proof-of-concept research not currently supported by or eligible for NYSERDA funding.
Approximately $3 million is available. ACE will also consider requests connected to a competitive federal opportunity, such as those from the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA-e).
How To Apply
The application process has three stages.
- All applicants submit a Concept Paper, using the Concept Paper Template [PDF]. This document explains the applicant’s research idea and should be no longer than four pages.
- NYSERDA will evaluate each Concept Paper and invite selected applicants to submit a full proposal.
- Selected applicants submit a full proposal using the Full Proposal Questions and Format document [PDF].
Who Can Apply
Anyone can submit a Concept Paper. Only selected applicants can submit a full proposal.
The proposed research must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be considered for ACE funding:
- It must support Clean Energy Fund goals:
- Reduce ratepayer collections
- Drive economic development
- Accelerate the use of clean energy and energy innovation.
(More information can be found on our Clean Energy Fund page.)
- The research cannot be eligible for funding from any other open or pending NYSERDA solicitations [PDF].
Before submitting a research idea using the Concept Paper template, we encourage applicants to contact the NYSERDA staff member listed below with questions about their research idea’s eligibility.
Please note: ACE Applicants can submit Concept Papers for other funding sources such as those from the ARPA-e as long as those sources also support Clean Energy Fund goals.
Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until November 30, 2018 or until all funding is committed, whichever comes first.
Submit Proposal Online
Senior Technology Advisor