RetrofitNY is looking for Component Manufacturers that can deliver scalable carbon neutral retrofit solutions such as:
- Whole building envelope systems – Highly durable and low-cost, high-performance exterior envelope retrofit panels that integrate windows and doors, suitable for retrofit application.
- Integrated mechanical systems – All electric integrated mechanical systems capable of delivering heating, cooling, ventilation, dehumidification, and domestic hot water to individual apartments and installed on 1- to 7-story buildings. The mechanical systems should be aggressively priced to deliver services at comparable cost or less than business as usual.
- Whole building energy performance monitoring systems – A system that captures building performance data and in-unit data and delivers this data through a cloud-based system to a portal that is accessible to building owners, operators, and more. The system captures, at a minimum, in-unit data such as CO2 and relative humidity levels, and mechanical system data such as energy use and run times.
If you are a component manufacturer with disruptive products that fit the criteria above and are interested in participating in demonstration pilots, apply to our Component Manufacturer Request for Qualification (RFQL).
Why Consider RetrofitNY?
In New York State alone, carbon neutral retrofits for 1- to 7-story multifamily residential buildings have a market potential of $100 billion, and this market is continuously growing with ambitious climate goals and stricter limits on building carbon emissions.
This expanding market is a great opportunity for component manufacturers to develop new, higher performance building retrofit solutions that solve the needs of multifamily building owners. However, the existing sales channels in the market present many challenges for manufacturers, including:
- Lower margins due to the number of individuals between manufacturers and the end-users in the value chain
- Lack of communication with building owners to explain differentiators of new technologies and their value beyond a higher price point
- Minimal control over installation of new technologies, resulting in lower overall effectiveness
RetrofitNY aims to solve these challenges by building a network of manufacturers, solution providers, and building owners that makes it easier to break into this market. By disrupting the existing sales channels and working directly with solution providers to deliver whole building retrofit solutions to the market, manufacturers are able to lower sales costs due to fewer intermediaries between the manufacturer and the end user.
When you apply to the Request for Qualifications (RFQL), candidates that are qualified will be able to participate in carbon neutral demonstration projects and be eligible to apply for gap funding when they form a project team with other prequalified candidates.
Ready to Get Started?
Contact the RetrofitNY team if you are interested in learning more.