RTEM for Multifamily Buildings
For building owners looking to take advantage of this cutting-edge technology in their multifamily buildings, NYSERDA is offering between a XX percent cost-share incentive for RTEM project expenses. These include hardware, installation, and three years of ongoing support from energy experts. That means that XX percent of all eligible costs are covered up front, so you won’t pay full price or need to wait for rebates.
New York State multifamily buildings with five or more units, including rentals, cooperatives, and condominiums are eligible. Building owners must also pay into the System Benefits Charge (SBC).
Customers of the following utilities pay the SBC:
- Central Hudson (Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation)
- Con Edison (Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc.)
- National Fuel (National Fuel Gas Distribution Corporation)
- National Grid (Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation)
- National Grid-Long Island (KeySpan Gas East Corporation)
- National Grid New York (Brooklyn Union Gas Company)
- NYSEG (New York State Electric and Gas Corporation)
- Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc.
- RG&E (Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation)
NYSERDA qualifies vendors who are experts in delivering the highest-quality RTEM service for your building. Our partnered vendors offer advice and support throughout the project—from installation to continued monitoring and optimization. Get started by selecting a NYSERDA-qualified RTEM vendor, view frequently asked questions about how RTEM systems work, or explore success stories of businesses that have benefited from RTEM systems.
View the latest RTEM Project Dashboard.