About RTEM Systems
Real Time Energy Management (RTEM) systems are the next generation of building technologies—helping you learn how your building is performing in real time, detecting equipment faults, and uncovering opportunities to optimize your energy use.
RTEM systems collect and monitor your building systems’ performance data in real time. By connecting to a new or existing building and energy monitoring system, RTEM platforms pull data from a network consisting of meters, sensors, and controls, delivering the data to one central location. This data is then analyzed in the cloud, identifying optimization opportunities for your building that can significantly reduce energy expenditure.
How You Benefit
- Boost your bottom line with reduced energy costs, freeing up capital to use elsewhere
- Gain real-time visibility into your current and historical energy performance
- Improve the reliability and uptime of systems with automated predictive capabilities
- Preserve staff experience and knowledge with the next generation of building leaders
- Free staff from routine monitoring and allow them to focus on issues that impact tenant satisfaction
RTEM systems work in real time to monitor your building systems’ current and historical performance data. They do this by connecting to and pulling information from energy monitoring systems consisting of meters, sensors, and controls, and delivering the data to one central location. Note that to qualify for NYSERDA funding, the technology needs to be cloud-based or a combination of cloud-based and on-site.
Depending on the technology, RTEM systems may come equipped with additional features and advanced capabilities to create smarter buildings. These can include:
- Fault detection: An advanced feature that detects abnormal energy consumption in a building and helps avoid energy spikes and expensive equipment failures
- Fault diagnostics: Powerful software that continuously analyzes energy usage and equipment data to identify issues and opportunities in a way that can help optimize performance
- Predictive analytics: A capability that combines data mining, statistics, modeling, and forecasting intelligence to analyze current energy data and make predictions
- Performance optimization: A feature by which energy usage is continuously analyzed throughout an entire building to ensure each space is meeting its fullest potential
Want to learn more about how RTEM systems work? Visit our resources page for more information and frequently asked questions. You can also download our RTEM Sales Sheet [PDF] for more information about these smarter technologies, or explore success stories of businesses that have benefited from RTEM systems.