Are you interested in solar for your home? NYSERDA is here to support the residents of New York in bringing clean, solar energy to your home and your community.
There are a variety of solar options available, including Community Solar and Home Installation with Rooftop and Ground-Mounted systems.
- It saves you money on your electric bill
- It’s clean energy from a renewable source
- It’s good for New York, and the environment
- Allows you to choose local power
- Federal, state, and local tax credits and incentives can help you save even more
- A Community Solar project is a group of solar panels installed in a sunny location
- Homeowners, renters, and businesses can subscribe to access the clean energy produced by the panels and get credits on their electric bills
- You don’t need to be a property owner or even have a rooftop to subscribe to a Community Solar project; you just need to have an electric bill, and a desire to save
Learn about Community Solar
- Rooftop Solar offers you a way to harness the power of the sun through panels installed onto the roof of your home, garage, or other buildings on your property
- Using photovoltaic technology, the panels will absorb light from the sun and convert it to energy
- Panels are sleek, lightweight, and protect your roofing material from harmful UV rays
- Installation process is simple and low impact
- Ground-Mounted Solar is another great at-home solar option for homes that do not have ideal conditions for rooftop panels
- Unlike rooftop, which is limited to the surface area of a roof, Ground-Mounted panels are not constrained by size and can be located wherever conditions are best
- Ground-Mounted systems can sometimes be equipped with tracking capabilities to follow the sun and generate more electricity with the same amount of panels
Ready to get started with your solar project? Connect with a NY-Sun Participating Contractor.