Taking a comprehensive approach to energy efficiency improves productivity and reduces energy costs. To help companies implement large energy efficiency projects that will reduce their energy costs, NYSERDA is providing financial assistance to commercial facilities, schools, not-for-profits, municipalities, and other types of institutions in New York State.
NYSERDA can help you apply to the Commercial Implementation Assistance program. The easiest way to get started is by emailing email@example.com or calling (866) NYSERDA and asking to speak with someone about the Commercial Implementation Assistance program. We’ll work with you to help prepare your application successfully.
The Commercial Implementation Assistance program uses the Consolidated Funding Application (CFA), a statewide process that allows customers to apply for multiple programs from various agencies with one application. If you’re familiar with the CFA, register or log-in here to begin and submit your Commercial Implementation Assistance application. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org at any point with questions.
More Program Information
Facilities can apply to NYSERDA’s program for financial support of up to 50 percent to complete targeted energy efficiency projects. Targeted energy efficiency projects covered by NYSERDA’s program include:
- Advanced lighting projects
- Deep energy retrofit projects
- Advanced monitoring and control systems
- Oil space heating efficiency upgrades
- Advanced technologies that are submitted with a utility referral requesting that NYSERDA consider funding the measure(s).
Project requirements include:
- A simple payback period that is between 4 and 14 years excluding NYSERDA incentives
- A minimum project cost of $50,000
- Payment into the System Benefits Charge program on your electric utility bill at this site.
A total of $11 million is available for projects under this program. NYSERDA’s support is limited to a maximum of $150,000 per project.
Commercial facilities and institutions can apply if they are New York State electricity distribution customers and pay into the System Benefits Charge (SBC). Eligible facilities include:
- Colleges and universities (public and private)
- Health care facilities
- K-12 schools (public and private)
- Not-for-profit and private institutions
- Office buildings
- Retail spaces
- State and local governments
New facilities must be occupied for at least one year before applying to this program.
One site is allowed per application/project. Master-metered facilities will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for eligibility.
Have Questions or Need Assistance?
If you have questions about this program, need help completing your application, or you would like to discuss your project’s eligibility, e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at (866) NYSERDA and ask to speak with someone about the Commercial Implementation Assistance program.