Taking a comprehensive approach to energy efficiency improves productivity and reduces energy costs in commercial and institutional facilities. To help implement these large energy efficiency projects, financial assistance is available to commercial and institutional facilities in New York State. A total of $11 million in incentives are available, and each project is capped at $150,000.
Facilities can apply to NYSERDA’s program for cost-shared, financial support of up to 50% to complete targeted energy efficiency projects. Targeted energy efficiency projects covered by NYSERDA’s program include:
- Advanced Lighting.
- Deep Energy Retrofit Projects.
- Advanced Monitoring and Control Systems.
- Oil Space Heating Efficiency Upgrades.
- Advanced Technologies that are submitted with a Utility Referral requesting that NYSERDA consider funding the measure(s).
Requirements for these projects include:
- A simple payback period that is between 4 and 14 years excluding NYSERDA incentives
- A minimum project cost of $50,000
Who Can Apply
Commercial and institutional facilities can apply if they are New York State electricity distribution customers and pay into the System Benefits Charge (SBC). Eligible facilities include:
- Colleges and universities (public and private)
- Health care facilities
- K-12 schools (public and private)
- Not-for-profit and private institutions
- Office buildings
- State and local governments
New facilities must be occupied for at least one year before applying to this program.
One site is allowed per application. Master-metered facilities will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for eligibility.
How to Apply
To apply to NYSERDA's program, use the Consolidated Funding Application. Applicants must submit the following information, including:
- W-9 tax form
- A current and complete electric utility bill verifying System Benefits Charge (SBC) contribution
- Proposed Scope of Work Form
Read the Commercial Implementation Assistance Program Funding Opportunity for complete details.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis until December 29, 2016 or until funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
Email email@example.com if you have questions about completing the Consolidated Funding Application.