Take these steps to earn New York State’s Clean Energy Community designation:
- Check to see if your community is already part of the Clean Energy Communities Program. If not, identify a contact person for your local government and provide the appropriate contact information, which NYSERDA will verify. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- Complete four of the 10 High Impact Actions
- Submit all necessary documentation as you complete each of your High Impact Actions. At least two of the actions must have been completed after August 1, 2016.
- NYSERDA reviews all documentation and responds via email
- After review and approval, NYSERDA will designate your local government as a Clean Energy Community
As a Clean Energy Community you'll be able to apply for further grants to implement additional clean energy actions. Designated Clean Energy Communities will be featured on NYSERDA's website.