Become a Primary Energy Consultant - New Construction
From 2017-2020, NYSERDA will make more than $96,000,000 available for new construction projects in New York State. To help get these funds to the market, NYSERDA is seeking firms to become approved vendors and work as primary energy consultants on projects partially funded by NYSERDA.
We’re currently accepting applications from firms seeking to become approved vendors on projects supported by NYSERDA’s New Construction initiatives. Approved vendors will deliver energy consulting services to building owners, developers, and leaseholders under a two-year agreement with NYSERDA.
Benefits for Approved Primary Energy Consultants
- Access to New Construction initiatives cost-share funding, as available
- Technical guidance documents, case studies, and other materials to improve on the services you offer
- Promotional materials to help get the word out on the benefits of hiring an energy consultant
- Being searchable by project owners looking to take advantage of NYSERDA programs on nyserda.ny.gov
Who is eligible?
NYSERDA is accepting applications from firms that provide:
- Energy modeling and analysis
- Building commissioning
- Advanced clean energy building facilitation
- Third-party quality assurance
- Smart-building services
As part of the applications, firm must demonstrate:
- Relevant staff credentials
- Energy consulting experience on at least three previous projects
- Evidence of having achieved above-code energy performance on at least one project since 2009
If your firm has successfully submitted a proposal under New Construction and Codes Partner Services -RFP 3036, then your firm has already been automatically approved under this solicitation. Firms taking part in NYSERDA’s Real Time Energy Management Program – RFQ 3691 as system providers may request to be listed as approved vendors under NYSERDA’s New Construction initiatives as well. Simply contact NewConstructionProgram@nyserda.ny.gov for more information.
For more details on eligibility and how to apply, read the solicitation for New Construction Initiatives Support Services–RFP 3771 in its entirety.
Current Opportunities for NYSERDA cost-shares
Vendors approved under this initiative may act as primary energy consultants for projects receiving funding from several NYSERDA initiatives, including the:
- Commercial New Construction Program
- Multifamily New Construction Program
- Low-rise Residential New Construction Program
- Commercial Tenant Program
Approved vendors may also work on other initiatives that require energy consulting or similar services in the future.