The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
The Single Family Residential Team seeks a summer intern to help with the development communication pieces for customers and contractors regarding new and emerging technologies. The intent is to improve quality and market penetration by providing technical guidance regarding specific measures, such as high efficiency heating systems, air source heat pumps, heat pump water heaters, blower-door driven air sealing and other effective measures.
- Research to identify information critical to consumers and contractors
- Identification of currently available consumer and contractor resources, such as DOE
- Meeting with contractors and other partners to obtain input
- Development of draft documents that include information such as: key information regarding measure; savings implications; key installation requirements; maintenance concerns; links to further information
- Coordination with Program, Marketing, SQA and other teams to determine best approaches to communication of information
- Refinement of draft documents under guidance from Program staff
- Development of an implementation plan
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student, majoring in business, public administration, political science, environmental science, engineering, or a related degree.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Summer Internship, Single Family Residential, SC in the subject line.